Skip to main content

Labor Day: Dok Khao Thai Eatery

Thai Cuisine

This Thai restaurant just opened recently in Columbia, MD. The building is new and the area is currently being developed. I and my brothers visited this new restaurant for Labor Day.

Interior

We came in after 11 in the morning. We’re the first customers to arrive and seated quickly at the back corner of the restaurant. It had a nice view since it’s besides the window, and we could see the entire restaurant with a pretty interior design. 


Milk Tea
 
We’re not familiar with the menu, so it took us some time to decide. I and my younger brother ordered drinks first. He got Mai Thai while I got boba milk tea. They only serve one flavor of milk tea, and you can chose different toppings. The container’s smaller compared to other milk and the price is a little more expensive for this size. It had many ice cubes. 

Calamari

For appetizer, we ordered calamari. It had a unique appearance compared to other calamari of some restaurants. I like the serving plate. We finished this appetizer within minutes.

Lamb Massamun & Dok Pad Thai

My older brother got the Dok Pad Thai. He chose the level 1(mild spicy). He thought it’s spicy, but for me, it’s tolerable. It’s huge portion. My younger brother ordered lamb massamun, and this was also a big portion. It’s served with a big bowl of rice with egg. I’ve tried the lamb and the sauce, and it's great. It’s big portion as well. We will definitely order this again.

Kana Crispy Pork with Fried Rice (+egg)
 
I thought this order would have larger pork bits. Green vegetables taste great. I'm not sure about the sauce that they used for this dish, but I think it made the dish more tasty. I've finished all pork and rice. I had to order separately the fried rice since I can't upgrade the plain rice that's included with Kana Crispy Pork.
 
Initial Set Up of the Table
 
I like the interior design of Dok Khao. I think it's really pretty. There are a lot of parking lots, and there's also a garage. Customer service was great. We've ordered mild spicy food, and the server kept going back to refill our glasses of water. It's very exciting to have a Thai restaurant in Columbia, and we'll definitely visit again to try other specialties.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moshi Manju: Freshly Baked Korean Cake

I and my sister saw "Moshi Manju" last week at Lower Ground Floor, SM San Lazaro. My sister recommended it to me because she already bought a korean cake before. Both of us like it, not only because it is korean cake, but also it is tasty. Specially the creamy pastillas. Again, we bought this Sunday afternoon and I noticed that consumers prefer the creamy pastillas rather than the choco fudge flavor. Choco fudge flavor is delicious, too. However, it is common already. Creamy pastillas is new filling to be sold in the market.

Fully Loaded North Park

Since I don't have classes today (because it is holiday), I and my sister went to Makati City for her Hong Kong dollars. Yeah, she will go to Hong Kong soon. After that, we decided to eat in North Park because it is near in Glorietta 5. I think its my third time to eat here because I'm kinda far from Makati City.

Love Desserts

Yesterday, one of my friends gave us a treat at Love Desserts for her advance birthday celebration. I always heard about Love Desserts from my classmates and friends and I saw their pictures with desserts. I think the price is really worth it specially if you are desserts lover.